Our S3 X3 clutch kits pack a huge punch! No matter the terrain, they hit hard and just keep pulling for days. On the trail or at the race you'll notice wicked acceleration and instant clutch response when getting back into the throttle after hammering that corner.
In the dunes you'll see the same benefits, but also have much less bogging when climbing that big dune. The machine will hold RPM so you can get where you need to go, and get there faster! Going mudding? Our mud setup will help turn those tires through the thick and deep with much better RPM and wheel speed that's key to climbing out of that hole.
Are you a rock crawler? Our smooth engagement and precise feel down low will give you the confidence to tackle any obstacle. We have a huge amount of CVT knowledge, a great passion for the sport, and spent many hours testing different setups in the real world. We know you'll be extremely pleased with the performance gain from our clutch kits!
Big performance gains as these 3 cylinder motors love to rev! The factory clutches these heavy, making them ramp up RPM slowly. Once you ride a properly clutched X3 that ramps up RPM quickly, you'll see the major difference.
This comes into play if you are running heavier tires, riding dunes, or tune your X3. Allowing RPM to ramp up quickly is a massive difference and if your tunes are built like ours, they love to rev higher and that makes them accelerate much faster.
Our custom cut fully adjustable helix in this kit is a game changer! We have been using this quick click secondary design on many other vehicles since 2008, and have not adapted to the X3 platform. This helix angle is much better for acceleration as it allows RPM to ramp up quicker out of the gate, then load the motor hard up top for wicked acceleration. The best part about this helix is the ability to adjust your spring tension. This easily allows you to dial in RPM with the secondary clutch which is much easier than adjusting the X3 primary.
Our Recoil clutch weights are easily adjustable with simple magnets. They have a custom AA profile, the BEST coating on the market (nitrocarburizing) which has increased wear resistance, improved fatigue strength, and added surface lubricity.
Our setup guideline will let you know how to set your weights for stock horsepower to 220 RWHP, 28" - 35" tires, 28-32" paddle tires, different altitudes & more. Primary weights are adjustable from 50 to 64 grams. Weights have more tip weight and act heavier. This means they also accelerate and up shift much harder.
These clutch weights also offer great performance, and the ability to tune for many different applications or modification in the future, without the need to buy extra parts. The magnetic weights are the best option to properly place the mass where we need it on the weight for best performance for your application.
Target peak RPM for stock or any other tune with the rev limit set between 8300-8700 RPM is 7700-7900 RPM. For AA tunes and other tunes with an 8800-9000 RPM rev limit, target should be 7900-8300. Testing should be done on a somewhat level ground from a 10-20 MPH roll on to full WOT and RPM checked as passing by 55-60 MPH.
Choose between two helix styles:
- Performance Helix 1053 is an aggressive helix with acceleration/higher horsepower/aggressive fast pace drivers in mind.
- High Load Helix 1050 is slightly less aggressive than the 1053 helix with good acceleration gains/power transfer over the OEM helix. Designed for a heavier vehicle, heavier tires, heavy sand load or crawling type riding in mind.
- 6 Recoil magnetic adjustable clutch weights
- Primary spring
- Aftermarket Assassins adjustable helix
- Helix adjustment tool
- Setup guideline
- A must have when changing tires, tuning your machine, or running paddles
- Cooler running belt temps from a more efficient power transfer which results in longer belt and clutch life. With this kit and our Stryker belts (GBoost belt) we have ran thousands of hard miles in the dunes & trails at higher horsepower with ZERO belt failures.
- Big acceleration gains and better power transfer to the rear wheels
- Close to stock engagement which is very smooth (Higher engagement options available if needed)
Tools Needed for Installation:
- Clutch Compression Tool
- Special Clutch Tool
- Clutch Puller
- 2018+ Can Am Maverick X3 RR 172 Base Horsepower
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.